[dms-discuss] DONATION REQUEST Optics and Jury's still out on Printrbot LC

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Mon Aug 17 22:39:29 PDT 2015

Hi

1) I'd like to donate some  lenses that I got from an old school maker,
Jack Crowell. They clip on your glasses or goggles and have 2
magnifications.

I put them in the drawer with the solder stuff, if anyone doesnt want
them, just send me an email and I will take them out.

They are small, and make a good addition to our soldering stuff. So
there you go.

2) Plus I messed with PrintrbotLC some more. I want  to get it going at
Explorit if I can perhaps printing a longer project. I did see evidence
of someone printing on it, but  it looked like the job might have
prematuerly terminated. After firing it up  it would  not extrude,
until I unbolted the filament feed mechanism and pulled out a bunch of
foled up filament, It is now extruding. Then I started a 2 hour job, and
It did stop 17 minutes or so through the 2 hour job just, cold. And it
was again clogged and not feeding. The filament had bent and distorted
about 3 cm above where the extruder nozzle had melted the filament down
to the .4mm at the tip. So I'm wondering  what is intermittenelty
jamming it and backing it up and stopping the filament delivery.

I removed it and further tightened the screws governing tension on the
feed mechanism, and it is now extruding smoothly.

I dont have time now to run the 2 hour job again, but mabe I will
tomorrow and let jeff take it over at 7.

I did notice though that the fan is not spinning up at all, though it
looks plugged into power.

Thoughts?
--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your