[dms-discuss] Laser Cutter Fundraiser Meeting Update

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Tue May 21 22:27:34 UTC 2019

hi

perhaps ryan mckay can offer up what they were looking at.

a 60W or better laser perhaps that we know can cut at least .5 in wood
plastic, tile etc, and engrave/mark on stone, metal etc . With as big a
bed as we can get right?

I did a bit of looking from your list from a couple weeks ago and came
up with a $6k estimate. The nice thing is there is a wide variety of kit
at a variety of prices so we can go lower if needed

Boss Laser, Universal laser, Trotec, brands seem optimal.

Morphon has a 130W for around $5k, but the manuals are in chinese

Thanks

RAN

Robert Nickerson
UCD Class of 1996