[dms-discuss] Space Improvement Projects

Roland Synnestvedt rsynnest at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:05:39 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I missed the meeting this month but wanted to give a brief update on some
things.
I was able to install some of the wall shelving (a 4' x 8' section) and
have been organizing things here and there.
I also emptied the two big boxes of random components (resistors, power
bricks, etc) from the 3d print area and put them in the metal drawer units,
which I setup under the pegboard for now.
The drawers aren't labelled yet but feel free to fill them up as you see
fit. I tried to keep them somewhat organized (power cords in one drawer,
random-ass components from the same company in another drawer) but it is
easy to reorganize if things get messy. Same goes for the wall shelving,
though that's pretty close to full.
I also brought in a working vacuum cleaner so I figured we could get rid of
the old one unless people want to part it out.

Regarding the A/C unit, I discussed it a bit with Aaron (he brought in the
unit) and the best option seemed to be to cut a hole in the plywood that's
boarding up the Southeastern-most window. That way the vent is blowing
under the outdoor stairs (we will probably want to angle it downward so
it's not blowing hot trash air at people). We will need to shuffle some
stuff in the surrounding area of the fridge, but we should be able to just
measure and jigsaw that plywood. I'm thinking maybe we can do that next
week.

I'm out of town this whole week so won't be hosting hours tomorrow, I'll
update the wiki. Good luck on the lighting project Ryan!

-Roland