[dms-discuss] Plotter Fully Operational

Roland Synnestvedt rsynnest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:23:09 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

I finally had some free time today and setup the plotter.
The torx screwdriver for the screws on the back panels is rubber-banded to
the printer's user guide
Official error codes for the plotter can be found here
<http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-bpp03771>
In case anybody else gets similar issues I've outlined my steps for error
codes I encountered below:

1. LCD "ERROR 1f50007 Hard Disk Failure"

Reading up online said this may be a power supply problem so it may come
back
Gone after a reboot (power switch at back of printer), never showed up again

2. LCD: "Boot FAILED Contact HP representative"

Gone after another reboot (power switch at the back of the printer)

3. LCD stuck at "Spinning up disk..Ok" after repeated reboots

Found HP docs here
<http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=82240&docId=emr_na-bpp03893&docLocale=en_US>,
but went through every step with no luck

Turned off and unplugged printer, opened hard drive enclosure, took foam
holder off hard drive, plugged printer in, turned on printer, and it
worked. No idea why.

3. LCD: "System error ffffffff 01dc0077 switch off/on if problem persists
contact HP support"

Rebooted with no luck
Used HP error code guide, led me here
<http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-bpp03771#N100B4>

Fixed by rebooting with network cable unplugged

4. LCD: "Printheads REPLACE"

Entered printhead menu to find culprit printhead

Re-seated offending printhead

After all this was done I was able to follow the media loading guide in the
User Manual to load the paper, and the plotter was ready to print! It's in
Sleep mode right now, so to turn it on just press the power button on the
front.

-Roland