[dms-discuss] Sad news re: Steven Inness

Jeff Tolentino jefftolentino at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 15:23:33 PDT 2015

Hi all,

If anyone is interested, I just saw that there is going to be a memorial for Steve now at 3rd Space on November 11.  More information can be found here:  https://daviswiki.org/Steve_Inness/Talk

Jeff T.

On Thu, 10/1/15, Steven Anderson <yithkai at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [dms-discuss] Sad news re: Steven Inness
 To: "Davis Makerspace General Discussions" <discuss at lists.davismakerspace.org>
 Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 7:39 PM

 He
 took the time to talk to me a couple years ago when I was a
 fresh grad; I knew nothing and the industry was a black
 box.  I remember him telling me that a switching power
 supply is like scooping up water to a higher elevation.

 2 jobs later I'm
 working in Palo Alto designing electronics and firmware.
 It's an f-ing shame I can't tell him how much I
 appreciated him.

 On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:01
 PM, Steve Edberg <edberg at edberg-online.com>
 wrote:
 On
 Daviswiki...

 wrote:

 >> Yeah, I had to read the article a few times through
 to make sure that I

 >>  read what I thought I read. I didn't know him
 well, but I had a few

 >> fun conversations with him about Ye Olden Tymes in
 programming and audio

 >>  electronics...

 > He was a regular at LUGOD, and I had really hoped &
 expected him to

 > be at last month's meeting -- I gave a talk on 6502
 cross-compiling, which

 > I figured would pique his interest. :)  In fact, I
 expected he'd

 > be there, ready to correct any of my naive or
 misinformed mistakes, and

 > even mentioned him by name in my presentations
 slides.

 Discuss at lists.davismakerspace.org

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----