[dms-discuss] Initial Key Policy

Jeff Tolentino jefftolentino at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 14:22:47 PDT 2014

I think teaching a class could be worthy of a key if it were on a periodic basis, (say weekly).  If it were a one off event, then I would not see that as warrenting key access.  Cleaning up after open hours seems like a task that is to small to warrent key-access (imo).

I'd also like to resubmit my favoritism for regular donations as a means for key access.  This helps us maintain our infrastructure by letting us pay for rent, Internet service, etc.  (Incidentally, I won't vote against this policy without a donation option, but I think we are missing an opportunity by not encouraging regular donations.  It seems like we have been pretty tight on budget for most of the year, and it would be nice if we could encourage monetary donatios from people who have ability to do so.)

Jeff