[dms-discuss] Initial Key Policy thoughts from James and Jeff

Tim F davispcug at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 15:00:35 PDT 2014

March 19, 2014

Hi James, Jeff, and everyone --

Thanks James and Jeff for your feedback about the Initial Key Policy email that I sent.

James: Yes, excellent! By all means let us move ahead as you suggested: "...outline a path that helps promote more open hours and negates the..." We can only benefit by having more community members get involved, by promoting more open hours, by holding more classes, and so on. That's the real spirit that we want. Go, makers, go!

And thank you, Jeff, for chiming in about key access for someone who gave lots of regular classes; I like that idea. And I agree with you that cleaning up after an open house is too small a task. Doing that is something that I think we can reasonably expect of any of the volunteers who hold regular open hours, anyway.

Thanks again!

-- Tim F