[dms-discuss] This and that and the other, too

timf timf at davismakerspace.org
Fri Jul 25 10:15:22 PDT 2014

July 25, 2014

Hiya Roland --

You're welcome! And thank you for volunteering hours for DMS!

About the video controller: Sure, I'll leave it in the Space. Last
night I put it in the box of scrap electronics on the floor near the
northwest window, so the next time either of us is there, we should pull
it out of the box and put it on a shelf with a note asking folks to not
cannibalize it.

This leads nicely into something that we all discussed well over a year
ago (and that Jim Stewart happened to mention last night, as well): It
might be a good idea to have a policy about disposing stuff that seems
to appear at the Space -- because it keeps on appearing, even though the
Board has notified the group that all such donations should be
Board-approved first.

There have been several ideas about such a disposal policy, so I won't
repeat them here. And I think that it might be James' intent to have a
"disposal day" (again!) soon (James? -- was this tied to acquiring
shelving, creating inventory software, and performing an asset
inventory?).

So maybe you could propose your Dreamcast project to the Board?

Thanks,
-- Tim F