[dms-discuss] Proposal - weekly presentations

Jim Stewart jstewart at jkmicro.com
Wed Jan 29 14:36:43 PST 2014

My thinking is that there be an scheduled
meeting every week for a talk.  My first
preference would be talks by the extended
Maker community.  Talks about software
engineering projects would definitely be
welcome, as well as guests.

Steve E's three subjects are also just what
I had in mind.

I'll bet Tim could easily come up with a
talk a month for a year as well.

I'd very much enjoy learning about drums
from Jeff, technical illustration from Emily,
programming from Braden, and whatever anyone
else would like to talk about.

If we can't get a speaker each week, another
alternative I've been thinking about is a
movie night.  There's all kinds of practical
and historical Maker stuff on the internet.

Anyway,  I'll sign up to help make this happen.
Maybe a 1-2 month test run will see how much
interest and participation we can get.

-jim