[dms-discuss] Proposal - weekly presentations

Steve Edberg edberg at edberg-online.com
Wed Jan 29 11:38:16 PST 2014

I like the idea as well, but I agree that it might be hard to find enough
people. I know we've had a few people in the past asking about having
classes/seminars here, maybe we could say yes to them, if they can do it
in our weekly lecture time (just thinking out loud here)? Is this
something that the events committee would schedule? Maybe this could
coincide with open hours on Friday?

I've thought about maybe doing something like this with my DigiComp[1],
CARDIAC[2] and maybe my slide rule[3] but I'm hesitant to commit to a time
at this point...

   steve

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digi-Comp_I
...I have the reproduction (which I still have to build); one of my
brothers had the original, but it's long gone...

[2]
http://boingboing.net/2005/10/20/cardiac-bell-labss-o.html
It was the first computer I owned!

[3]