[dms-discuss] Proposal - weekly presentations

Braden dms at dabrado.net
Wed Jan 29 11:03:54 PST 2014

I like this idea.

Would the idea be to actually have a talk once per week, or just to have the fixed time set aside?  I just ask since it seems like it could be hard to find that quantity of people, unless there are several people like yourself who feel they have a year's worth of material for once per month (which maybe there are?).  Regardless, I like the enthusism, haha.

One could also imagine a LUGOD-esque role for someone or some committee to go out and actually solicit talks from people.  I know I'd be far more likely to give a talk if someone specifically asked me to do it, versus volunteering completely on my own.

Anyway, on that topic, I wouldn't mind being coerced into talking about software projects or computer science-y stuff. :P

  - Braden