[dms-discuss] Yahoo Email

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Wed Apr 16 14:52:01 PDT 2014

Greetings, Makers.

If you do not use Yahoo for your personal email, go ahead and stop
reading; this doesn't affect you.

Last week, Yahoo updated its email policy.  Basically, mail containing
a Yahoo "from" address is no longer considered legitimate if it didn't
come from Yahoo's servers.

When you post to our mailing lists, we send out your message to all
subscribed members.  The message is marked as being from you, but it
comes from our server.  Because of Yahoo's new policy: if you're sending
from an "@yahoo.com" address, your post is likely to be rejected by most
of the ISPs of most of our subscribers.

[----->   Very few people will see your post :^(   <-----]

We have a few options, but none of them are really nice.  The easiest
thing to do would be to *change your email provider*.  We will continue
to look for a work-around that affects the fewest number of people.  In
the mean time, if you need to post to the list: send the message to a
board member and we'll pass it along.

Sorry about this.

-James

A little more info: