[dms-discuss] Yahoo Email

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Wed Apr 16 14:58:21 PDT 2014

Hi

We found out about this last week and its a big PITA

Basically this standard,  demarc, is very POOR, but a lot of big email
companies are using it.  Yahoo has the strictest implementation of it.

The bad thing though too is, with list processors automagically
removing bounced email addresses this can kill a list membership pretty
quickly. SO I'd suggest our list membership/email addresses be backed up.

Totally destroyed Whole Earth Festival List, big pain.

RAN

On 4/16/2014 2:52 PM, James R Holliday wrote:
> Greetings, Makers.
>
> If you do not use Yahoo for your personal email, go ahead and stop
> reading; this doesn't affect you.
>
> Last week, Yahoo updated its email policy.  Basically, mail containing
> a Yahoo "from" address is no longer considered legitimate if it didn't
> come from Yahoo's servers.
>
> When you post to our mailing lists, we send out your message to all
> subscribed members.  The message is marked as being from you, but it
> comes from our server.  Because of Yahoo's new policy: if you're sending
> from an "@yahoo.com" address, your post is likely to be rejected by most
> of the ISPs of most of our subscribers.
>
> [----->    Very few people will see your post :^(<-----]
>
> We have a few options, but none of them are really nice.  The easiest
> thing to do would be to *change your email provider*.  We will continue
> to look for a work-around that affects the fewest number of people.  In
> the mean time, if you need to post to the list: send the message to a
> board member and we'll pass it along.
>
> Sorry about this.
>
> -James
>
> A little more info:
>    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html

Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your