[dms-discuss] LUGOD went well

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 22 09:30:32 PDT 2013

Agreed! Thanks for coming, Tim, Braden, Nick and Steve!
(I admit, I missed much of the talk, since my toddler was not so interested
in 3D printers as in the children's play area next door :) )

One thing to mention: we had quite a number of kids (mostly early teens)
at the meeting, eager to learn about 3D printing (and at last one already
a Linux user).  Apparently, last night's meeting was not merely listed
as an event, but as "the" event to go to. :)

I look forward to future collaboration with DMS!

-bill!
Bcc: vox-officers, LUGOD's private, officer's-only mailing list

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:35:57PM -0700, Tim F wrote:
> October 21, 2013
>
> Hi gang --
>
> Thank you Braden for helping so much at tonight's presentation to LUGOD (the
> Linux User Group Of Davis)! And thank you Nick and Steve for being there,
> answering questions, and talking about our space and our group!
>
> There were about 30 people in the audience, including several who came just to
> learn about 3D printing. The presentation went well, the Printrbot Simple
> behaved itself under Braden's watchful eye while I nattered on about the
> subject, and there were lots of questions before, during, and after. We had a
> good time, and I printed and then gave away a small Tux ("Tux" is the Linux
> mascot: a penguin). I plugged Davis Makerspace shamelessly, and several folks
> said they would visit.
>
> It was a great evening!
>
> Regards,
> Tim F