[dms-discuss] Officer Nominations

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Wed Oct 16 11:33:07 PDT 2013

Hey, makers.

As we said in the monthly meeting last week, we're still soliciting
nominations for directors and officers.  In particular, we have an
opening for President!

If, however, that role sounds too demanding (and I don't think it is,
really), I will offer to nominate myself *provided someone else is
nominated for secretary*.  The secretary will just need to record the
minutes of each meeting and be available to certify documents on the
corporation's behalf.  Ie, very little time commitment.

There are, however, three points I'd like to make:
1) I live in Folsom.  It makes more sense to me for the President to be
a Davis resident.

2) I've been an officer already.  From a community perspective and a
resource sharing perspective, it makes more sense to me for a new batch
of officers to cycle in every year.

3) If elected president, I will wear my fez.  It's silly, but you'll
have to deal with it.

-James