[dcw] Important - Jordan Please Read

Jordan Van Aalsburg jordan.va... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:01:27 PST 2013

Hi Tara,

I agree that the situation is ludicrous. I also really like your usage of
the word ludicrous. It does not get used nearly often enough. I would also
like to apologize for the delay in getting you the letter you requested.
There was some confusion on our end which I take full responsibility for.
You should have received the fax last week and if LA Makerspace requires
anything else please do not hesitate to contact me.

Having said that, I must respond to your statement that "Sabrina Williams
has mailed you and phoned you every day for weeks". The last correspondence
I received from Sabrina Williams was on January 2 and I have received
exactly zero phone calls. I do not know who she is mailing or phoning every
day, but it is certainly not me. Between work, chasing after a toddler at
home, and trying to help start a makerspace I'm petty busy. And while I may
not be the most punctual (oh look this email is 4 days old), I do respond
to emails and phone calls when I get them.

After reading this I went back and searched my email. Sabrina Williams
contacted me on Dec 4, Dec 14, and twice on Jan 2. You have never contacted
me. Worried that perhaps all of these daily emails got marked as spam or
were sent to a different account I ran a search on my mail directory. Note:
all my accounts are synced via offlineimap every 5 minutes and I am lazy
and do not delete email. Just for completeness this is the script that I
wrote (this is a makerspace list after all):

#!/bin/bash

SEARCH_STRING="From: Sabrina Williams"

while read line
do
   filename=${line%%:$SEARCH_STRING*}
   header=$(awk -v 'RS=\n\n' '1;{exit}' $filename)
   echo "$header" | grep "Date:"
done < <(grep -R "$SEARCH_STRING" $HOME/Mail/) | sort | uniq

This is the output: