[dms-discuss] Add "The Art of the Algorithms" to Calendar?

Nicholas Weigand dawtsf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 12:10:34 PST 2013

I love this idea of having some hardware running old demos - I think
it would really add a lot of depth to the program.  My only concern is
that I have no idea how to use an Atari or a Commodore VIC 20... would
you guys (Bill and Wesley) be available to come in and show them off?
There might even be a case to be made for showing something of an
evolution and getting some old DOS demos running on one of the PCs
alongside some newer stuff as well.

We are trying to schedule this on the January ArtAbout with the
thought that people could move in and out without needing to commit to
an entire movie about something they probably know nothing about.  It
would be really neat to have the actual hardware running in another
part of the space!  I bet we could run this as part of the ArtAbout
even if it wasn't original work... although maybe somebody wants to
write a demo before then???  Anyway, feel free to respond here or
contact me off-list if you want to set something up.

Nicholas