"In The Studio"

plsh... at hotmail.com plsh... at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 10:32:27 PDT 2012

Hi Michael - Yeah, Braden mentioned you, thanks for getting in touch.
The doc sounds like a great idea and I think it'd be a really
interesting subject, too. The show I mentioned in the previous post
would be different from the doc - the show would pretty much be an
introduction to what the Hackerspace is and what it does, whereas the
doc is dealing more thoroughly with bigger issues - but the two would
definitely complement each other. As far as resources go, I'd
definitely recommend checking out DMA (Davis Media Access). Once
you've done an orientation you can borrow their gear (and it's good
quality stuff, too), plus they've got an editing suite on-site and if
you need help you can put out a call for crew via their mailing list.
The only stipulation they have is that whatever you make using their
resources has to be screened on DCTV. You can put it up on YouTube,
use it for your class projects, etc. as well, so it's really just
another avenue for exposure. Are you goin to be there on Monday? If
so, let's chat some more about it then :)
Cheers
Pat