[dms-discuss] Meetings, library & general

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:36:27 UTC 2022

Hey all,

The library wants to have a meeting with us and has some questions for us
about furniture, etc.

Is everyone ok with scheduling a virtual meeting at 6pm this coming Monday?
(An hour before our general meeting.)

FYI, see Crista (from the library)'s email below. Julie wrote back to that
with some great ideas. (Thanks Julie!)

Cheers, Emily

Hi everyone!

Thanks for reaching out, Emily. A virtual meeting would be great. We were
planning to reach out to you about this too. It would probably be best if
you all decide on some days/times that work best for you first. We can be
more flexible since we don’t have other jobs to work around 😊.

Here’s what I have to report so far:

   - The demo/construction work is on hold while we wait for the required
   amount of bids to come in (unfortunately this is typical right now—too much
   work and not enough people to do it or supplies).
   - I’m excited to report that we do have an initial room design from
   Campbell Keller to share with you (See attached. Please note that page 2 of
   the first document and page 1 of the second document are for the Teen
   space, which will be separate from the Makerspace so we don’t need your
   feedback on that part). Hopefully we can discuss it at the meeting and
   please feel free to send questions/feedback over email beforehand. I did
   see that their schematic has a more typical 3D printer cart than the
   cabinet you recommended. If you all would prefer that, I can let Chrystle
   know.
   - We are only doing virtual programs at the moment due to the increase
   in cases. Things are calming down a bit so we’re hopeful, but now there’s
   another new variant, so the rollercoaster continues. We can plan something
   with the understanding that we may have to postpone it.
   - It’s not included in the schematic, but we talked about providing some
   sort of project storage outside the room. I was thinking that locking
   cabinets might be preferable to lockers as we could have a set of keys
   here, so people wouldn’t have to buy their own locks and remember to bring
   their key or remember a combination lock. Locking cabinets might also
   provide more flexibility in terms of size of the project. I’m interested to
   get your feedback on this. Is there a reason to go with individual lockers
   instead?

Best,

Crista