[dms-discuss] 04/06/20 Draft Meeting Minutes

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Mon May 11 22:54:24 UTC 2020

Hi All

Please see attached.

Thanks

RAN

--
Robert Nickerson
UCD Class of 1996
CEO, Om Networks

cell: 5308483865
www.omsoft.com

-------------- next part --------------
DMS 040620
Called to order 7:06pm

1) Can we donate printers?
	- We seem to have some printers to donate to make masks or face shield frames.  Jax says we should try it
	- Made lists some of the printers, their last way of getting a mask is to get a 3d printers - says that it might not be needed.
	- Yolo County group on Facebook asking for masks, says they might be needed for everyday person outside of healthcare profession or  a sewed one or whatever. A friends group sewing masks for people
	- Board is positive about asking Inventopia about the needs for 3d printers
	- Organization would like to help, but we need to make sure.

2) Library is closed - and the County extended, communal spaces closed.

	Confirmed reservation canceled for repair cafe, and events continue to be canceled.
	Puts plan on hold - Any library plans are shut down at the moment.

	UCD Maker space (Student Startup Center?) emailed about collaborating on an event a virtual startup hackathon. Present a solution to a problem, not too sure what they would need from us. Could be closed ? Some web consulting could be done, several members indicate they could be available but not a lot of time.

3) Some  members doing a lot of web development, but some are laid off.

4) RAN - should we take the a look at the product sheets and decide what we like, that the library might purchase for the space?

Nah, the library is a health barometer for the community, its dictating the pace of continuing that. So we are putting things on a pause while it all settles out.

5) 3rd Space reconstituting with a new space lease at 1611 2nd ST.

6) 7:27  Meeting Adjourned.