[dms-discuss] Fwd: Rolling cart

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Wed Jan 15 04:05:02 UTC 2020

Hi

So I have never bought a rolling tool cart or work bench thingy, nor
have I ever really used one. Which makes me the perfect person to throw
out three suggestions for models/dimensions for a tool cart! Lol

It looks like if we were to "use one" it would have to be in the
adjoining room to the one with the wrap around desk. I have spent a
while looking on the home depot, amazon  and other web pages, and a lot
of work bench included style ones are over 30 inches high, being the
height of the desk, which occupies most of the space of the room. I
think its fine though, if the 2nd room is included, because it provides
a work surface, tool storage option.

I really went for reviews, and tried to find some good choices. I did
not specifically look for something that locks thinking it would be
rolled away into some closed area after we would be doing hours. If that
is not the case we need to look for more. I figured to go with 72 "
because it would have to go in adjoining room anyway, and we have tools
to fill it, and collect more,  could be used by Warcha and others..

If there is funds and the library wants things looking nice, there is this:

Slick -
https://www.amazon.com/Drawer-Stainless-Steel-Anti-Fingerprint-Station/dp/B01067885A/ref=sr_1_44?keywords=mobile+tool+cabinet&qid=1579026185&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011&rnid=2528832011&sr=8-44

Good Value, Interesting Design, not a lot of space, but could be coupled
with another cabinet
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Duramax-Building-Products-72-in-x-24-in-with-3-Drawers-Rolling-Industrial-Workbench-and-Wood-Top-68001/3049371

Rubbermaid -
https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/tool-storage/carts/5-drawer-mobile-work-center
($50 cheaper on amazon)

Thank you to everyone involved getting this organization this far with
this process, it could be great for everyone.

RAN

Robert Nickerson
UCD Class of 1996
CEO, Om Networks