[dms-discuss] Fwd: Tool Drive, for community art project

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Fri Jan 10 20:46:44 UTC 2020

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Tool Drive, for community art project
Date: 	Fri, 10 Jan 2020 12:30:44 -0800
From: 	Justin Malachowski <jsmalachowski at gmail.com>
To: 	n street <nstreet at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us>, dmnc
<dmnc at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us>, EL Warcha
<elwarcha.designstudio at gmail.com>

Dear N Street and Davis Manor community,
I'm writing on behalf of the Davis: Collaborative Design Studio. A new
community public art and design project working in collaboration with
homeless and economically marginalized residents in Davis. We focus on
creating art, design, and experience for the public using recycled and
post-consumer materials.

We are asking for donations form the community of hand and power tools
(especially power tools) of all types for the studio.

Donations can be dropped off at the True Connections Community Program
Center (for larger donations we can arrange pickup).
Between *9am and 2pm Monday through Friday *
Located on the corner of 4th st. and L st. in Davis.
405 L Street, Davis, CA 95618

Some of our upcoming projects include:
-Musical instrument making, composing, and performance with musicians of
the homeless community.
-Scientific Gardening project with children at local public schools
-Bicycle powered mobile workstation for integrative design in public spaces

The Davis Collaborative Design Studio is the newest edition of the
international project, El Warcha: Collaborative Design Studio, with
locations in Tunis, Tunisia, London, UK, and Davis, California.
You can follow us at:
https://www.instagram.com/el_warcha/
https://www.facebook.com/Elwarcha.Studio/
https://www.elwarcha.org/

If interested in getting involved or if you have further questions you
can email me, Justin, at
jsmalachowski at gmail.com <mailto:jsmalachowski at gmail.com>
or
elwarcha.designstudio at gmail.com <mailto:elwarcha.designstudio at gmail.com>