[dms-discuss] Um, the library (!)

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 21:48:53 UTC 2020

 Hey all,

Exciting news! During our meeting yesterday evening, the library staff
surprised us with the news that the library probably will be able to fund a
renovation of the small room (that we've indicated is the preferred room
for Davis Makerspace’s use) and possibly expand the space into the next
conference room over.

They asked us to come up with 3 possible scenarios for how the room would
be arranged. For example: 1. a fully flushed out dream big version, 2. a
middle road option, and 3. a more minimalist option.

It is possible that they may also fund some new equipment for our use at
the library.

Here are some action items for us:

1. Look over a draft of an MOU (agreement) between the library and Davis
Makerspace that Roland has drafted. (Roland, can you please send this out?)

2. Draft our possible layouts and wishlists (this is our old wishlist page:
https://wiki.davismakerspace.org/wishlist). Here is a link to a wiki page
where we can add ideas:
https://wiki.davismakerspace.org/library-possibilities

3. Consider how long our initial contract with the library should last.
(Probably 2 year at minimum.)

4. Before renovations take place, we will likely need a rolling cart for a
small version of Davis Makerspace to have repair cafes. If we send the
dimensions of a rolling cart, they may be able to get one for us soon.

Would anyone be interested in getting together to draw out our ideal room
arrangement soon?

Happy New Year,

Emily
*Emily Schleiner*