[dms-discuss] Fwd: Web Workers Meeting May, 2016

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:36:51 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: UC Davis Web Workers <web-workers at ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 7:57 PM
Subject: Web Workers Meeting May, 2016
To: Emily <cordial.emily at gmail.com>

Next Meeting May 12th, 9:30-11am *Room 203 Mrak Hall*

Hi Emily,

UC Davis Web Workers has awoken from its winter slumber and is ready to
raid some campsites!

Curious about the general health of the UC Davis web ecosystem? Adam
Napolitan will be presenting a "State of the Web," highlighting this past
year's accomplishments and starting a collaborative effort with campus web
professionals to reach our goals for the coming year.

Looking to use Drupal to improve the educational experience? Tristan Peery
will explain how a Drupal powered lesson-building web tool is enabling next
generation science teachers to influence students all over the state of
California.

And finally, if time permits, I will present a quick overview of User
Experience best practices that will help you move your web assets into the
realm of User Centered Design.

*AGENDA*:

   - State of the Web - Adam Napolitan
   - Drupal for Education - Tristan Peery
   - UX Best Practices - Tom Watts

Last meeting, the doughnuts went much faster than the bagels of yesteryear,
so we will stick with those.

Tom Watts
tjwatts at ucdavis.edu
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=52fe5851cf&e=4ef67124ee>
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=3641827562&e=4ef67124ee>
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=7f88e49fff&e=4ef67124ee>
*Copyright © 2016 UC Davis, All rights reserved.*
You signed up for this list to receive reminders about upcoming UC Davis
Web Workers meetings.

*Our mailing address is:*
UC Davis
1 shields ave
Davis, Ca 95616

Add us to your address book
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage1.com/vcard?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=65bdb8d79f>

You can update your preferences
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=65bdb8d79f&e=4ef67124ee>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://ucdavis.us11.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&id=65bdb8d79f&e=4ef67124ee&c=2051cfd032>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=fc7105cac76c73d1b1f3c493d&afl=1>