[dms-discuss] Saturday workday at the Space to improve the lighting

timf timf at davismakerspace.org
Thu Sep 25 11:03:21 PDT 2014

September 25, 2014

Hi Makers --

We've got almost all of the parts needed to install our own lamps in
our beloved old Space! (We still need wire and wire nuts.)

So this Saturday, September 27, I will be at the space starting at 10
a.m. to help make, primer-paint, and perhaps even connect the new lamps,
and everybody is invited to come on down and help make it happen.

These lamps have long-life low-energy low-pollution LED bulbs,
reflectors made from large re-used tin cans, wire to be donated by one
of our members, and sockets that can be individually switched (if you
use a ladder).

The work will be easy so please come on down and join in!

Also please note that if we do get the wire and wire nuts in time then
we will turn off the power while we hook up the new lamps. I've checked
the schedule and OK'd this with the Board, but if it affects your plans
for this Saturday please let us all know right away and we'll work out
something!

Yours lightly,
Tim F