[dms-discuss] BROADWAY AUGMENTED OPENING RECEPTION

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:14:40 PDT 2014

Hey all,

This is the event I've been telling you about, an art show taking place at
a soccer club in Sacramento this Saturday.  It's called *Broadway
Re-Imagined*, and is part of a much larger event call *Broadway Augmented*.
3D artworks via a phone app are a major component, therefore the opening is
happening during daylight hours.  My piece is indoors, involving an Kinect
and a hand-drawn map of the neighborhood.  The whole show is an interesting
combination of community-oriented artwork in the Broadway area of
Sacramento.

Check the website <http://www.broadwayaugmented.net/> for artist-talks and
other events this week.  I'll definitely be attending Saturday afternoon; I
look forward to seeing you there!

-Emily

Opening Reception:

Broadway Augmented Opening Reception Sacramento Republic Offices – 2421
17th Street Saturday, September 13 from 4 to 9

Come join us for the opening of Broadway Augmented.  The Sacramento
Republic FC will be hosting a BBQ to help us celebrate.

Exhibitions:

*Broadway Re-Imagined *
Sacramento Republic Offices- 2421 17th Street Open Monday through Saturday
8 to 5

The four artists in this exhibition — Andrew Connelly, Chris Daubert, Mark
Lanning and Emily Schleiner — were commissioned to create works about the
Broadway Corridor. The Broadway district has a rich history; the street has
some local landmarks such as the Old City Cemetery and the iconic Tower
Theater. Its ethnic diversity is reflected in the businesses that populate
the street, from its restaurants to its historic Chinese Family
Associations. A major thoroughfare, it’s a street full of lively activity
and interaction. Working with installation, sculpture, new media and
photography, the artists will each respond to the unique identity of
Broadway, capturing the spirit of the street and its people.