[dms-discuss] DANGER LIGHT

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Tue Nov 18 10:15:12 PST 2014

Hi

So I put up that bank of 3 lights back by the projector screen. The
intent is to give more light back there to the folks running a meeting.
After starting the project at around 8:30pm I got it done by about 10pm,
and went to turn it on.
.
The switch wheel fell apart in my hands! I think I got these bank of
lights around the  year 2000 and never used them at all, never took them
out of their box.

Anyway the cord now has a small air gap of about one inch where the
switch was on the negative side of he cord, so DO NOT PLUG  it in.  I
decided to see if it was hot, and I did feel the electricity.

Perhaps I will fix it next Monday, so it will work either plugged in, or
unplugged, or they can be wired directly along with the other lights so they
  just "come on"  on the master light switch. I'd leave that for others
that know bettter than I though.

I did take one of the empty power strips, and mounted it up on the
rafter, so that the projector power plug, and this light bank could have
electricity.
  I didn't mess with the Pi that is running the web camera. Though it
probably got some great shots of me cursing, and goign up and down the
ladder way too many times.

I can't recall exactly if I left the power strip on or off,  so if
anyone has a problem firing up the projector, that is where i would look.

Thanks
--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your