[dms-discuss] This and that and the other, too

timf timf at davismakerspace.org
Thu Jul 24 22:14:32 PDT 2014

July 24, 2014

Hi gang --

Tonight at the Davis Makerspace:

- I cleaned up a little bit. Flying posterboards from the recent
ArtAbout are in the southwest corner; their strings are still suspended
from the ceiling near the door. I threw away a number of half-empty
bottles of drinking water that were left here and there.

- The shelf on the north side is getting in the way of opening the
middle window. As a temporary fix, I moved the shelf away from the
window a little bit, but we need a better fix than that. Maybe we should
donate the two unused server racks to KDVS or KDRT, to make space for
the shelves that we are already actually using?

- We now have three broken toasters (up from two a few weeks ago), a
"new" old USB external HDD enclosure, and a used video
gamepad/controller... I hereby request permission from the Board to
scrap this junk soon, since I haven't noticed anybody asking permission
to drop it off here at the Space.

- Tonight Jim Stewart very kindly donated some cups, plates, and
tablecloths, to be used for future ArtAbouts; they are under the
microwave. Unlike the previously-mentioned junk, this is new material,
of obvious value, temporary lifespan, and low volume -- and Jim was
polite and open about dropping it off. Thanks, Jim!

- Jim also donated a flat of Izze drinks; they are in the mini-fridge.
Thanks again, Jim!

'Later!

-- Tim F