[dms-discuss] Emergency Storage // TEDx Photobooth

Jim Stewart jstewart at jkmicro.com
Sun Jan 26 19:45:56 PST 2014

I think James is being very diplomatic.  That said, you should be
grateful to him.  I'd say a "buy him lunch to discuss the problem"
grateful.  Or "donate $50 to Davismakerspace grateful.

OTOH, being the grumpy old fart that I am, I'd point out that the
preferable
time to ask about free storage space is before you actually move your stuff
into it.  My understanding is that the space is reserved for an individual's
parking during the day.  And bikes and cars park there in the evenings.
And storage space in Davis is costly.  I know, I have lots of stuff I
store and it costs money.

The fact that you say:

"my TEDxUCDavis team and I brought out the BID box to
the Farmar this weekend,but unfortunately miscommunicated with our
University storage facility, and lost our storage space. "

rises doubts about your *cough* attention to detail.

But then, as I said, I'm a grumpy old fart.

-jim