[dms-discuss] Sub Committees

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Mon Jan 27 15:50:44 PST 2014

Greetings, all.

As we discussed at our last meeting, I'd like to move towards a
committee based system where smaller groups work on ideas and report
back at the monthly meeting.  This should (hopefully) allow for ideas to
develop more rapidly and be presented to the greater group for vote on a
more accelerated timeframe.

If you have an idea for a committee you'd like to be a part of, bring it
up at a monthly meeting.  The only real requirement is that a board
member be a part and status reports are made at monthly meetings.  Once
a sub-committee finalizes an idea/topic/policy, they'll present it to
the group for comment and vote.  Sound good?

So far we have an events committee (for populating and maintaining our
calendar) and a key policy committee.  Jim proposed we form a safety
committee, and I agree with the desire/need.  A fundraising committee is
probably a good idea, too :)

So, come with ideas next monday.  We'll all help out where we want and
can, leave the tedium for some other committee, and push our little
space forward.

-James