[dms-discuss] March ArtAbout

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 16:17:56 PST 2014

Hi all,

I propose that we satisfy our urge to explore by having an ArtAbout themed
on the topic of *local geography* for March's 2nd Friday. (The description
is due this Friday btw..)

Anyone interested in doing any projects having to do with geo-location?

Videos on urban development?

Photos of highways and byways?

Anyone want to start working on a Davis CA themed video game?

Outdoor lighting fixtures?  Maybe a new DMS sign?

Some inspiration:

   - Here's a documentary about the major urban renewal that changed
   Sacramento in the 1950s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEjik0y1P0s
   - Here's a fun fast-forward drive across Northern CA:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVetbV3E-n8
   - Here's repurposing photos mined from geo-location services:
   http://www.projectlife365.com/geolocation-photography/

Write back soon with any suggestions!

Thanks,
Emily