[dms-discuss] DMS Code-A-Rama

Jordan Van Aalsburg jordan.vanaalsburg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 16:43:50 PST 2014

Fellow Makers-

On Saturday, February 22 we will hold the first ever Davis
MakerspaceCode-A-Rama. What's a code-a-
rama you ask? Well, it's a lot like a hack-a-thon, but with less
synergistic leveraging of monetization assets. Also, we are going meet in
the morning, because some of us have to go to sleep at a reasonable hour
and can't stay up all night chugging Red Bull and eating pizza.

Basically there are several software projects which need some work and
would be really useful to the space. Here are a few that have been
discussed recently:

* Interface for resin based 3D printer
* Inventory system for equipment/tools
* Provisioning system for computers
* Web-based member registration form

We will decide as a group what project(s) to work on based on who shows up.

Don't feel that you need to have a particular skill set in order to
participate. This is a Makerspace event and knowledge sharing is one of our
primary goals. If you would like to help and possibly learn a new language,
or library, or framework come on by. We aren't looking for experts and
won't turn someone away because they lack a particular skill.

So, if you want to help us hack on some software for the greater good, come
by the space on the 22nd. I plan on getting there around 10:00 AM. We'll
discuss the various projects, do some brainstorming, and then break into
groups and code until people get tired or decide they have better things to
do.

See you there.

-Jordan