[dms-discuss] Makers at the June 1st Invention and Upcycling Contest

Sally Parker squaretcrafts at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:39:11 PDT 2014

​Sally Parker, Square Tomatoes Crafts Fair
​SquareTomatoesCrafts.com

Nicholas, Davis Makers

Dear Nicholas:
          I was delighted to talk to you a couple of months back about the
Square Tomatoes Crafts Fair and the exciting possibility that the Makers
could come to the our fair and demonstrate 3D printing.  We're having an
Invention and Upcycling Contest June 1st. All of your 3D printed items can
be displayed as part of the contest.
         Can the Davis Makers' Space come and demonstrate 3D printing that
day? I am trying to get a Science Cafe organized and I plan to write an
Op-Ed about the fair on June 6th and I need to know who will attend.  It
would be a great day to meet the public.  You would get a free booth.
          You can choose to sponsor the contest by hanging a poster at
Makers' Space and keeping a stack of rule sheets available for anyone who
wants to join the contest. Sponsorship is free.  The Upcycling part of the
contest involves transforming furniture or clothing that would normally be
thrown away into something that can be reused.
          Hope to hear from you soon.  When things go slower for me, I want
to learn 3D imaging.

Sincerely,
Sally Parker