[dms-discuss] DCN News: fiber broadband

Braden Pellett dms at dabrado.net
Wed Apr 23 07:36:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

These sound like great ideas!

I really like the idea of an "open network" that can act as a common carrier for various providers.

Would this and the idea of a CLEC be part of a resolution in support of the goal that Jim suggests?  Or a separate document?

Here is the relevant document from the April 22 City Counctil Agenda:

    http://city-council.cityofdavis.org/Media/Default/Documents/PDF/CityCouncil/CouncilMeetings/Agendas/20140422/04G-RFEI-for-Davis-Broadband.pdf

I have not had the chance to read the whole thing yet... but it seems to give a sense of the kinds of things the city is looking for in broadband fiber.

  - Braden