[dms-discuss] bicycle themed art about

Nicholas Weigand ntw at davismakerspace.org
Wed Apr 16 18:08:56 PDT 2014

>From the ArtAbout coordinator:
"This May, in honor of National Bike Month and the 5th Annual Davis
Tour de Cluck, we encourage all ArtAbout venues to display art or hold
events in the theme of bikes, chickens, or agriculture! It is optional
to take part. We will feature businesses following this theme first in
the ArtAbout Guide, Davis Downtown website, mobile app, and facebook."

So it's not just about the Tour de Cluck.  For the ArtAbout itself
they are specifically asking for and promoting bicycle (as well as
chicken/agriculture) themed exhibits.  I think we are safe either
following that theme or not.  Also, the ArtAbout is on May 9th and the
Tour de Cluck isn't until the 24th so I don't think we will risk
confusing anybody too badly no matter what we do.

Anyway, I think people are fine showing whatever they have.

Nicholas