[dms-discuss] Suggestions about personal items in the Space

James R Holliday jrholliday at davismakerspace.org
Thu Apr 10 11:16:13 PDT 2014

> I suggest that items kept in locked (not unlocked) lockers at the
> space should be considered personal property, and items in unlocked
> lockers at the space should be considered property of Davis
> Makerspace.

Sounds consistent to me.  To lay claim to a locker (and be able to lock
it), you've hopefully gotten permission from the board.  (If not, we
should contact you).  This would fall under the category of having
received explicit permission.

> I suggest that we should not have to get Board approval for personal
> items kept in locked lockers.

I agree with this.  That will part of the understanding/agreement when
locker space is issued/approved.

> I suggest that there be a physical list in the space, listing
> personal items, [...]

That's my plan, and part of the motivation requesting people speak up
and lay claim to items they consider personal.

> I suggest that we quickly look into strong secure compartmentalized
> storage [...]

A great idea.  A job site lock box kept outside or downstairs might be a
first start.

[quick SNL quote:  May I just say that in my plan, the "lock-box" would
be used only for Social Security and Medicare. It would have two
different locks. Now, one of the keys to the "lockbox" would be kept by
the President; the other key would be sealed in a small, metal container
and placed under the bumper of the Senate Majority Leader's car.]

Thanks for these ideas, Tim!