[dcw] DONATION REQUEST

Tim F davi... at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 21:54:52 PDT 2013

September 19, 2013

Hi Rob et al --

Yowzah!

I'd prefer standard 19.5" rack mount cabinets, because it would be easier/cheaper to find/buy pull-out shelves.

Sounds great!

Thanks!

-- Tim F

 Subject: [dcw] DONATION REQUEST
 To: "davis-community-workshop" <davis-commun... at googlegroups.com>
 Date: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 8:44 PM

 Hi All

 So I have a line on 2 telco cabinets.

 These are 19 or 23 inch telco style racks that you seein
 data centers you can throw shelving in and bolt it in with
 screws. I am thinking they would fit between the tables, and
 the PC towers, and 3D printers could be moved OFF the desks,
 and onto the cabinets. That way table space is for people
 and projects.

 This also makes it look more seriously computery.

 They are about 23 inches wide, 7 ft high and prolly about 3
 ft deep, so they would fit well in between tables, but not
 stick out much. Monitors and keyboard could be arranged near
 them and so minimize impact on the desk space.

 As Braden was thinking we could get shelves that telescope
 out if needed, and am sure we could find free shelves to
 throw on them.

 One is on wheels.

 So they are free, and I can pick them up with my truck and
 deliver.

 Maybe Thurs?

 SO - can i get a hellz yeah?

 RAN

 -- You received this message because you are subscribed to
 the Google Groups "Davis Community Workshop" group.
 from it, send an email to davis-community-wo... at googlegroups.com.
 Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/davis-community-workshop.