large fan working for now

Braden Pellett goo... at dabrado.net
Sat Sep 7 17:28:24 PDT 2013

Hi all,

The large fan apparently wasn't working, but now it is.  It seems it was too far down on its axle(?) and was running into the body of the motor, so I removed the front cover, pulled it up further along on its axle, closed it back up, and it seems to be working again.

Also, I believe I was the one who provoked the issue in the first place.  One day I knocked over the fan, which probably was when it got pushed too far down on its axle.  I did not think to try running it afterwards, which I should have done, as it could have prevented any confusion when the next person tried it and got no refreshing movement of air.

This confession brought to you by the DMS policy: if you mess up, fess up!

Happy fanning,
  Braden