[dms-discuss] List of Accomplishments-10/20/2013

Tim F davispcug at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 12:23:44 PDT 2013

October 21, 2013

Hi  Sam et al --

Hey Sam, thanks for reporting on what's going on! You are "building community" -- good for you! Plus, you are bringing up subjects for discussion and consensus.

So...

I agree with Jeff about working tools vs. stuff needing repair. And I think a drill press would be very useful to have in the space. Rob: Does it have a stand? Or is it a benchtop model?

Maybe James can turn a new handle on a lathe, for the chisel?

Cool: A MiG welder! Will Natalie teach a workshop for us?

We're pretty short on space near the windows for a planter box (gotta leave space for the windows to open, and eventually for rollup blinds)... and we probably should not attach anything to the outside wall of our space. But I really like the idea of live plants, plus an automatic watering system. Hmmm.... suggestions?

Flycatchers (the sticky tape kind) are kinda gross... didn't the alcohol sprayer work?

Thanks for letting folks know about the 3D printing successes. Soon we will need some more PLA filament; maybe we can get some in different colors. Maybe Mick can tell us about suppliers?

Keep on making!

-- Tim F