[dcw] Fwd: Invitation to speak at the Linux Users' Group of Davis

Braden Pellett goo... at dabrado.net
Tue Oct 8 08:10:55 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:49:32AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote
> Hey there, this is Bill Kendrick, co-founder and current president (and,
> more importantly, speaker coordinator) of the Linux Users' Group of
> Davis (LUGOD).
>
> DMS was been mentioned at our last meeting, and I'm happy to see you
> guys opened up some space downtown! (I still need to come check it out
> one of these days.)
>
> Since there's a big overlap between Linux and open source software, and
> the maker movement (use of open source software, creation of open
> hardware designs, etc.), I would love to have DMS come speak at one of
> LUGOD's monthly meetings!
>
> We meet on the 3rd Monday of each month, from 7pm to 9pm. We typically
> meet at the public library on E. 14th Steeet. At the moment, we're
> looking for guest speakers for our October, November (at Explorit),
> January (anniversary party meeting; probably at Veterans Memorial
> Center) meetings, and beyond!
>
> Would someone(s) from your group be willing to come out and talk about
> DMS and, in particular, how LUGOD folks can get involved?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi Bill,

Are you still interested in DMS giving a talk at LUGOD this Mon Oct 21st?

Tim Feldman has generously volunteered, to show a 3d printer we built from a kit recently and have been learning about.  I have also offered to assist.

How does that sound?

Thanks,
  Braden