[dcw] Call for Volunteers -- Halloween Mask Project

Jeff Tolentino jeffto... at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 12:16:24 PDT 2013

I pretty much can't do it until Sept 5.  Leaving tomorrow moring for NY, (and need to pack tonight  :( ).  I could coordinate by email though if needed.

I think I have a basic understanding of what would be required on my end, however:
- The mask would need to be removable from the mold (ie, no overhanging parts).
- Would have to provide enough space/coordination for vacuum ports.
- Would have to provide "blockouts" for the eyeholes and such.
- Would need to extend far enough back to reach the top of the mold (maybe we should decide on the mold dimentions, actually).

- I was planning on working with paperclay (this is very easy to work with, and makes nice smooth pieces).  I'd coat the completed piece with a finish to protect it during molding.  We'd probably have to add a release on top of the finish so we can pull it out of the mold once the plaster is set.

Any other points that would be important?

I'd also be interested in knowing your timelines.  I'd imagine we'd want to have a mold prepared and testable before the end of Oct, so thinking I should shoot for a completed, ready to mold, model by first week of Oct?

Jeff T