Call for Volunteers -- Halloween Mask Project

Tim F davi... at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 13:35:55 PDT 2013

August 27, 2013

Hi gang --

Last week Nicholas and I agreed to go ahead in a valiant attempt to create masks in time for Dia de Los Muertos / Halloween, using a vacuum-forming plastic technique. (Are we brave, or what ?!?)

I have already designed the framework for the wooden mold, and I will start building it soon.

I have already purchased an innocent little bread toaster (used) and am about to sacrifice it, hacking out its guts on the altar of creativity (we need the heating coils to warm up the plastic sheets).

I have already found suppliers of plastic sheets and plaster of paris.

We are looking for a floor-standing bicycle pump, which I will mutate into a vacuum pump.

Now, we need >>> ARTISTIC MAKERS <<< to design and sculpt a master pattern for a skull-like mask... hence this CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!

If you've got the artistic chops and the energy, let's get together at the space so that I can show you the technical requirements for the master pattern. Email the group, please -- it's a community project!

Full speed ahead!

-- Tim F