Fwd: Davis Makerspace in September ArtAbout and possibly ARTober

Nicholas Weigand n... at davismakerspace.org
Mon Aug 19 17:40:03 PDT 2013

So below is a message I received from Sandy Thai (the ArtAbout coordinator
over at the DDBA, also co owner of Rockband University in town) who was
really enthusiastic about DMS and also very helpful despite my
procrastination.  It sounds like they could be a great publicity channel
for us!  I had suggested we do some Halloween themed projects for Artober,
and one suggestion was that we 3d print some skulls and then have people
install LEDs in them.  Tim suggested doing vacuum form masks which I think
is a great idea.  Is this something people would like to do?  As you'll see
below she has offered us space on the E Street plaza for the Dia de los
Muertos festival on Oct. 31st (which coincides with the Treat Trail).  I
know that Jordan and the other parents can attest to the wide attendance at
that event.

Any thoughts?