No meeting tonight

Jordan Van Aalsburg jordan.va... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:11:57 PST 2012

Fellow Makers-

So there I was, writing a reminder for tonight's meeting (super late; more
on
that later), when I added a link to the minutes from our previous meeting
and
find that it says we voted to move the meeting to Tuesday. Now this would be
good news for me as it would mean that I am just really, really, late in
getting the agenda sent out rather than catastrophically late as it
currently
stands. Maybe this is a good point to do the recap:

* Last week one of our members was giving a talk at LUGOD, which meets every
  third Monday. We all agreed that there is probably a fair amount of
overlap
  between the two groups and thought that it might a good idea to change the
  day of our meeting.  Rather than try to discover a mythical (and likely
  non-existent) time that works for everyone, we decided that we would
propose
  moving it to Tuesday and have a formal vote on the issue at the next
meeting
  (which would have been today). However, the bylaws that we are now
operating
  under require advanced notice before any vote (I think it's 5 days). So I
  believe that technically, we should be meeting this evening, but we would
be
  unable to hold a vote (due to my dropping the ball on the advanced notice
  thing; more on that later).

At this point I'm going to recommend that we skip the meeting this week and
hold a meeting next MONDAY where we will vote on whether or not to move the
official meeting times to the first and third Tuesdays of each month.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUPER IMPORTANT ALL CAPS MESSAGE TO FOLLOW:

NO MEETING TODAY. WE WILL INSTEAD MEET NEXT MONDAY.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. Let's finish the recap:

Two members volunteered to help out with the operation:

* Emily Schleiner volunteered to help out with the website/IT committee.

* Nicholas Weigand has joined the board.

We are super excited to have them working with us. I feel kinda bad putting
this after the break. I'm afraid it may get skipped once people see that the
meeting has been cancelled. Well, they're at the top of the page in our
hearts.

If you are still reading this I would like to apologize for dropping the
ball
on the whole announcement thing. The story of how this came to pass involves
deception, intrigue and international diplomacy. Either that or my wife went
back to work full time this week and I spent an astonishing amount of time
trying to convince a toddler to put on pants so we could go to daycare.

I think that about covers it. Sorry for the last notice. See you next week.

-Jordan