[dcw] Agend (7/16)

Steve Edberg edb... at edberg-online.com
Mon Jul 16 16:54:29 PDT 2012

I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight either, but my thoughts are:

Name:

As Darach suggested, I reran the vote using
https://instantstv.appspot.com/ (WarrenSTV) with the .blt file he had
provided, changing it from 5 to 1 result, and Collabolab was the winner.
Attached is the .blt file I used (I changed the first line from 67 5 to
67 1). Personally I'd be fine with either Davis Makerspace or
Collabolab, with a slight preference for Collabolab. Having different
names for the official organization & the space (eg; Davis Bike
Collective/Bike Forth) was mentioned on the list, and I could see if we
eventually ended up with multiple spaces that might be an advantage. So
Davis Makerspace, LLC could start off with the Collabolab, then get a
space for giant Tesla coils called the Spark Gap, then the Fab Farm will
be a building full of 3D printers, then we purchase Knights Landing and
rename it Makerville, and so on.

Hosting:

wikispot.org (home of Davis Wiki) offers free wikis:

	http://wikispot.org/Create_a_wiki

using a subdomain eg; collabolab.wikispot.org. Using a custom domain
name is possible, but requires some configuration twiddling
(http://wikispot.org/Using_a_custom_domain_name). You can impose
read/write access controls on some or all pages as well. The software
seems ok, except that their calendar/events board components. However,
maybe creating a nifty group calendar/events board feature might be a
good programming project, and could be our contribution to the wikispot org.

Also Davis Community Network offers free resources for local nonprofits,
but I don't know much about them; perhaps Rob from Omsoft knows more?

	http://www2.dcn.org/dcn/about/committees/rac/index_html

| Steve Edberg                                  edb... at edberg-online.com |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin            http://www.edberg-online.com/ |