[dms-discuss] News and Upcoming Repair Cafe Nov 11

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:45:56 UTC 2021

Hey all,

*Did you hear about the additional funding that the friends of the Library
will be contributing to Davis Makerspace so we can buy a laser cutter?!* I
don't know all the details, but I'm looking forward to finding out more
from Jeff L. at the next Davis Makerspace General meeting
<https://davismakerspace.org/event/general-meeting-15/>. Please attend and
let's discuss soon.

In other news, we've tentatively scheduled a repair cafe in front of the
Davis Public Library on Saturday Nov 11, from 11am-3pm. Here's a link to
the event on the Davis Makerspace website
<https://davismakerspace.org/event/repair-cafe-2/>.

Note that:

   - Julie sorted all of our Davis Makerspace hand tools into two handy
   tool boxes that can be easily transported. (Thanks Julie!)
   - The tools in my garage are now all listed on our handy spreadsheet
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12qmYSOcT--X9QNU3r9kGbZ9ZaOFyvZzEcaRlOm1KnEQ/edit?usp=sharing>.
   Let me know if you want me to bring anything specific.

*Question for everyone:*
Can you make it? Which repair cafe time slot works best for you? Please
write back and put your name next to one of these bullets:

   - 10:30AM -12:00PM - Emily,
   - 12:00PM - 2:00PM -
   - 2:00PM - 3:30PM -

Thanks and looking forward,

Emily

PS, Unrelated to this repair cafe, Bill has reserved a time slot for a
group training on how to use 3D printers at the Woodland library this
Thursday (tomorrow) at 5:30pm. Afterwards, we will discuss the air quality
workshop. I have found some arduino and raspberry pi kits that I may bring.

If you would like to attend this, sign up for a Woodland Library card online
<https://librarycatalog.cityofwoodland.org/MyAccount/SelfReg>, and then
meet us at the Woodland Library Makerspace at 5:30pm this Thur (Oct. 21st).

--
*Emily Schleiner*