[dms-discuss] Davis Makerspace Meeting

Bill Horn bibliophiletwo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 01:49:38 UTC 2021

Davis Makerspace,

  I have pasted below some backgound  information on the Woodland Public
Library Square One makerspace.  They have just reopened and we can learn
alot by visiting their space.
Additionally, if we can coordinate our schedules we can take their Basic
Use and Safety classes (Basic electronics and /or 3D printing) in groups of
4 or 5 and make it easier on
their staff.

Bill

*Square One is OPEN!*
Email
squareone at cityofwoodland.org
Phone: 530-661-5989
*HOURS*
*Monday & Tuesday 9 am - 3 pm*
*Wednesday & Thursday 1 pm - 7 pm*
*Saturday 10 am - 4 pm*

Classes
Square One offers two types of classes:
Basic Use & Safety and Workshops

Check the calendar for dates and times

*Basic Use and Safety (BUS) classes are designed to teach patrons how to
use a specific piece of equipment and operate it safely and independently*.
We currently have BUS classes (with age requirements) for the Laser Cutter
(16+), 3D Printers, Woodshop (18+), Electronics (12+), and Sewing (12+).

After completing a BUS class, patrons may bring in one younger person to
work with on a project with them.

Can't make the bus class times? Gather a group of 4 to 6 people who want to
take the same BUS and we'll schedule one for you!

Workshops classes offer a specific project that can be done with little or
no prerequisites. We currently have Workshops for Knitting, Felting, 3D
printing design with SketchUp, and seasonally themed projects.

*What do I need?*
To use Square One, individuals must have a valid *Woodland Public Library
card* <https://woodlandpubliclibrary.com/233/Get-a-Card> in good standing,
photo ID, and a signed *liability waiver (PDF)*
<https://woodlandpubliclibrary.com/DocumentCenter/View/89/Liability-Waiver-PDF>.
Patrons under 18 must have a *minor waiver (PDF)*
<https://woodlandpubliclibrary.com/DocumentCenter/View/90/Minor-Waiver-PDF>
signed by a parent or guardian.

Square One users must wear closed-toe shoes while in the space.

*Square One Appointments*
Welcome back! We're so excited to see our patrons again.
We are offering appointments for browsing, using a computer, or using space
in Square One.
We ask that you make no more than one appointment of any type more than
once a week to maximize the number of patrons accessing the library.
Square One is currently only open for patrons who have previously completed
a waiver and have used the space. BUSes and classes will be offered at a
later date.

Laser Cutter
1 hour 50 minutes
3D Printers