[dms-discuss] All hands on-deck!

Britney McKay yakcm.nayr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 02:13:48 UTC 2019

Hey all,

Thank you so much to each and every one of you that has been helping with
the move-out efforts so far.  We have made excellent progress, and there
are now a few (what I consider) pressing needs at hand.

First, it would be AMAZING if a few of you could come help me do a "testing
all the monitors and iMacs" shindig so that we can allocate a few (I think
4 of each would be plenty) as DMS property and try to off-load the rest
during the Saturday garage sale.  Additionally, it would be useful at the
same time to give one last sweep through the space to look for any other
items we might want to keep for ourselves and move them to the back wall
with the rest of our stuff, because come Saturday anything that isn't in
the back area of the space is gonna be up for sale.  I'm thinking Friday
evening from like 5 to 7.  I'll be there, just show up if you can, no time
for a doodle.

Second, we need publicity for the Saturday garage sale, if you are capable
of doing anything that gets the word out that the Davis Makerspace is
having an all-things-must-go garage sale on Saturday the 21st from 8am till
7pm, please do so.  Some flyers stapled to telephone poles or something
like that would be great.  I'm overwhelmed here and it's more than I can
take on at the moment otherwise I'd do some canvassing myself, sorry.
Right now we have Logan from 8am to 11am, Bill from 10am to 1pm, and myself
from 1pm to 7pm so we have enough of a skeleton crew to make it happen, but
it would be wonderful if more people showed up!  ^_^

Third, I think we should have a 2nd general meeting this month on Monday
the 23rd at 7pm.  I think a lot has happened since the meeting on the 9th
and it would be a good time to get the whole gang in one place so that
anyone with valuable information to disseminate can do so... thoughts?

Thank you all so much,
-Britney