[dms-discuss] Clean-up Party Follow-Up

Ryan McKay yakcm.nayr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:01:22 UTC 2019

We had our clean-up party on Saturday and it went really well, it was a
huge step forward towards a cleaner, more open makerspace.  A *lot* of
vacuuming and dusting got done, the remaining shelving unit from Radio
Shack got set up, and a whole Honda-Fit-full (you can fit an impressive
amount of stuff in a Fit) of ewaste was taken to the dump.  Huge thanks to
Bill, Braden, Emily, Jax, Julie, and Roland!  Y'all were kickin' butt and
chewing bubble gum!

I am hoping we can ride some of this momentum forward and host a 2nd
clean-up party to tackle some loose ends in a couple weeks.  There's still
more ewaste that was uncovered after Emily left with the Fit-load as well
as miscellaneous junk that needs to go to the dump, our wiring needs some
TLC (RasPi corner, network, and electrical... we had some circuit breakers
fail during the shutdown and it's now kinda hard to find a spot to plug
in), and it would be good to finish what we started in the Southeast corner
with the fridge, populating the new shelves, and tossing out the old funky
cleaning supplies over there, etc.

So maybe on Saturday, January 26th at noon we host "The Return of Clean-Up
Party: Loose End Beat-Down" ...anyone else up for that?

Thanks!  ^_^
-Ryan