[dms-discuss] WP Website Development Setup Day

Emily Schleiner cordial.emily at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 02:56:49 UTC 2018

Who: Emily
What: Help website collaborators get set up
Where: Kobe Mini Mart
When: Sunday the 23rd at noon

Hey Davis Makerspace,

For anyone interested in contributing code to the website, this coming
Sunday I'll be available in the downstairs at Kobe Mini Mart to help people
get set up on their own machines, and familiarize folks with the
collaboration process.

I'll also make a short instruction on WordPress theme development.

If you are able, please install these on your machine:
1. Docker <https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop> (
https://www.docker.com/get-started)
2. Git <https://git-scm.com/downloads> (https://git-scm.com/downloads)

Please create a Github Account <https://github.com/join> (
https://github.com/join) for yourself if you don't already have one.

Also, please send an email to board at lists.davismakerspace.org that contains:
1. A request to be added to the Davis Makerspace Github organization (if
you want to contribute changes)
2. A request for access to the website database
3. Your Github username
4. Your desired Wordpress username (if approved we will send you a password)

Thanks and see you there. :)

-Emily